Sunday, September 19, 2010

She stopped and asked me. English/parking lot. Sun, Sep 19, 2010.

09/19/20. 1253. I was getting ready to go to church (afternoon meetings), and was restocking the trunk of my car with some copies of the Book of Mormon to replenish ones I had recently given out.

A neighbor drove by, stopped her car, rolled down her window, and asked me what church I went to. (I was wearing a long-sleeved white shirt and tie on Sunday, so my look screamed "church guy.")

I told her, and then she asked where it was. I got out an info flyer that lists the local chapels and gave it to her, and told her the address, and said she was welcome to visit, or she could call one of the numbers, and church representatives could visit her if she wanted. I then asked if she would like any church literature. She said okay.

I thought I had some missionary lesson pamphlets, but I only had them in Spanish. So I offered her a Book of Mormon and a Finding Faith in Christ DVD. And she accepted them.

Words fail me to express the awe I feel about this encounter. And there are so many implications and lessons in this, that I don't know where to start. Or, even if I should, because the reader will either get or won't get it, regardless of what I say. And, I don't understand all the lessons and ramifications myself. I know one thing where I fell short, and that is in bearing testimony. It was a perfect opportunity for bearing testimony, and I didn't. I invited, but I didn't testify.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9/24/2010 06:19:00 AM, Blogger Heather M. Collins said...

A crucial difference! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll definitely try to remember that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home