Saturday, September 26, 2009

English at gas station. Sat, Sep 26, 2009.

09/26/2009. 1191. I was in another town for a church fair. Before leaving that town I felt inspired to stop at a certain gas station. I went in and purchased some soda. I was the only customer so I had opportunity to talk to the cashier. I said I liked to give out Bibles and I asked if he'd like a free one. He wasn't too enthusiastic, but said okay. I went out to my car and brought back in a plastic zip-lock bag containing an inexpensive Kings James Bible, and an English Book of Mormon. I presented the Bible and he accepted it. I pointed out the 3 pass-along cards I had put inside the front cover. He asked which church, so I told him The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I then showed him the Book of Mormon, and said we used it along with the Bible, and asked if he'd like a free copy. Again, he wasn't enthusiastic, but he politely and graciously accepted it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home