Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Yoruba at Post Office. Tue, Mar 3, 2009.

03/03/2009. 1116. I was at the Post Office and the photo-copier in the lobby reminded me that I had something in the car that I wanted to photocopy. It was the lyric sheet that came with a Ghanaian LP that I bought back in 2006.

After I checked my PO box, there was a man who looked like he just finished using the copier. I asked him if it was working okay. He said yes, and that he was just going back to his car to get a nickel. He spoke with an accent. I offered him a nickel out of my pocket to save him the trip. He accepted it.

I went out to my car to get the LP record, and when I came back, he was exiting the lobby. I asked where he was from, and he said Nigeria. I asked "Are you Igbo or Yoruba?" He said Yoruba. I offered him a free religious book in Yoruba from my church, and he was interested. He was in a hurry, but I said I'd get it quick from my car. He agreed to wait.

I retrieved a Yoruba and an English copy of the Book of Mormon from the car, and went back and presented them to him. He was definitely interested. He wanted the Yoruba copy but said that he already had an English copy, and had called a number, and had some missionaries deliver one. I wanted to chat more, but since he was in a hurry, I just said that there were more numbers in the book that he could call if he liked what he read or wanted to learn more.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3/04/2009 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another upcoming place for LDS Cyber Missonaries to get a start proclaiming the gospel online is
http://www.ldsnow.com/forums

 
At 3/04/2009 07:22:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Did you mean www.ldsnow.ORG/forums ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home