Friday, December 05, 2008

French, Haitian at copy center. Fri, Dec 5, 2008.

12/05/2008. 1096. I was at a 24-hour copy center to make a print-out of an Ewe New Testament that I had downloaded from the International Bible Society.

While I was waiting, another customer came in who spoke with an accent. I was using their free 3-hole paper punch as he was about to leave, and I struck up a conversation by asking him where he was from. He said Haiti. I asked if he spoke Haitian Creole and he said yes. I asked if he spoke French too, and he said yes. I offered, and he agreed to receive, free copies of books from my church in Haitian, French, and English. He waited inside, while I went out to my car and retrieved them. He gratefully accepted them, and I also gave him a couple DVD's, Finding Faith in Christ, and The Testaments, which also have French audio tracks. I explained that we believe in both the Bible, and in the Book of Mormon. He asked where the church was, and I showed him the list of chapels that I put in the books, and pointed out my ward.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12/09/2008 01:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading about the work you are doing and I really admire you for it. I have met my goal and given away 5 Books of Mormon (Book of Mormons?) in English and one in Finnish this year, and I hope to do more next year.

-Audrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home