Monday, December 22, 2008

Ewe investigator to YSA FHE. Mon, Dec 22, 2008

12/22/2008. Follow-up. In order to take the 18 year old female investigator to the YSA (Young Single Adult) branch's Family Home Evening (FHE), I needed another member to chaperone to make it all proper. During the day, I telephoned and invited a 40-ish single member who lives in the same apartment complex as I do, to accompany me. She wasn't able to make it, but suggested her 18 year old daughter go, as her daughter has been bored lately. The daughter is still in high-school, and part of the YW (Young Women) program at our ward, and hasn't been to the YSA branch before.

The investigator lives just a few minutes from us, so I figured it should all be kosher. I would have preferred someone older to go with me, but as long as there were three of us it was cool, and it probably made the investigator feel better to have someone her own age to go with too.

I had some car problems before we started, so we got to the FHE late after the lesson portion, and they were just starting to set up for volleyball.

We walked in, and I introduced the member and the investigator to three of the branch members who were in the foyer. They all went into the gym ("cultural hall" in Mormon-speak), and I went over to the nearby gas station and bought newspaper, soda, and a sandwhich to nosh on and a newspaper to read in the chapel kitchen while they had fun playing volleyball.

Later on, on the ride home, the young member seemed to have gotten the most out of it, and her attitude seemed to have rejuvenated. The investigator seemed happy about the event, but she was pretty reserved, and was still probably overwhelmed just being in the US.

I gave the girls my cell phone for them to call home and tell their families that they were on their way home.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home