Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chinese declined at restaurant. Tue, Nov 18, 2008

11/18/2008. 1091. After volunteering a bit at the storehouse, I stopped for supper at a Chinese restaurant that I hadn't eaten at before. It was better than average, both in terms of ambience and food, so I'll probably stop by there again.

My waiter noticed the Chinese Book of Mormon and Chinese Liahona on my table as he passed by, and I offered them to him on his next trip to my table. He politely declined. Other than restaurant vocabulary, his English seemed a bit limited. He may have thought I was trying to sell them. He was a bit nervous or unsure of how to respond, so I didn't follow up by offering a free DVD. Anyway, I made sure to leave an extra generous tip.

There were a couple other employees, so maybe I can offer something to them on future trips.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home