Monday, September 08, 2008

Punjabi at Post Office. Mon, Sep 8, 2008

09/08/2008. 1063. I was in line at the Post Office. There was a family in line behind me (mom, dad, and a small child) and the father was wearing a Punjabi-style turban. I asked him if they were from Punjab and he said yes. A minute or so later, I asked if they liked to read Punjabi, and they said yes. I offered them a Punjabi Sunday School manual, making sure they understood it to be Christian religious material. They agreed to receive it. I said I'd meet them out front later when we were done.

After I transacted my business at the counter, I went outside to the car and retrieved a Punjabi and an English copy of Gospel Fundamentals, and Punjabi and English copies of the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet. I waited in the lobby for them, and they graciously accepted the material when they came by. I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time for more explanations. But there was church contact information in the books, along with one of my personal calling cards.

There's more to the story, but that's essentially what happened.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2008 07:04:00 PM, Blogger Mose said...

I think it's really cool that you have the courage and faith to just approach someone in that sort of situation. I don't think I'd have the strength, and it's admirable that you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home