Friday, January 18, 2008

Chinese declined. Fri, Jan 18, 2008.

01/18/2008. 976. I had supper at a restaurant on the other side of town after running an errand and making a visit. I saw it on my way back, and realized I hadn't been there before.

When the server brought out my food, she noticed the books on the table and hestitated a few seconds to read the covers. I asked if she like to read Chinese, and she said she didn't have time to read. We spoke a little bit more, then she went back to work. The other waitress also looked at them a little.

When the other waitress came back to check on me, I asked if she'd like a free copy, and she politely declined, saying she already had a bilingual Chinese/English Bible. I've learned that it's usually not productive to try to explain that the Book of Mormon isn't the Bible. And I didn't have any Chinese Bibles, or Chinese/English bilingual Bibles with me to illustrate that it's different, and that we use both. I didn't have any Chinese Liahonas with me either.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2008 12:48:00 AM, Blogger L-D Sus said...

Thanks for sharing a rejection story. I'm not sure why, but I find it as inspiring as your success stories. Probably because I don't see this slowing you down.

 
At 1/19/2008 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

It may have been a rejection, but it was still a success:

1. I succeeded in making the offer.

2. The testimony was given, even though it was not a formal "I know that ..." type of testimony, because the offer itself is an implied testimony. One would not offer material that one did not believe in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home